City of Keizer 2nd Annual Toy Swap
CITY OF KEIZER | Public Works Department Environmental & Technical Division 930 Chemawa Rd NE, Keizer OR 97307| 503.390.3700| FAX 503.393.9437| www.keizer.org
City of Keizer is hosting a Free Toy Swap!
Save a little cash and reduce your environmental impact this holiday season.
Keizer, OR – We’ve all been there. We buy our children toys that they outgrow or lose interest in before the toy has hardly any wear or tear. Why not try something new this holiday season? Join the City of Keizer’s second annual Toy Swap. Bring that same joy to your child’s face with a new-to-them toy or game, but without the waste and at the best price of all – free!
The City of Keizer and community partners are hosting this FREE Toy Swap to spread some joy and waste reduction spirit this holiday season!
From November 1st to December 6th bring any gently used, clean toys or games to one of the following locations:
• Keizer City Hall (930 Chemawa Rd. NE Keizer, OR) Hours: Monday -Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
• Salem Public Library (585 Liberty St. SE Salem, OR) Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 10:00am-7:00pm, Friday and Saturday 10:00am-5:00pm Sunday 1:00pm5:00pm
• West Salem Public Library (395 Glen Creek Rd Salem, OR) Hours: Monday-Thursday 12pm-5pm Saturday 1pm-6pm
Then on Sunday, December 10, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., attend the Toy Swap at Keizer City Hall where you can shop for free to find toys, games and gadgets.
According to Medium, approximately 80 percent of all toys end up somewhere on a trash heap. There are many reasons why toys get thrown away, but most of them center on the fact that parents don’t know what else to do once their children have outgrown them. Swaps are a great way to share materials and connect with the community. Swaps enable us to avoid throwing usable items away and helps showcase how fun reuse can be.
We will not accept the following:
• Dirty, broken, ripped, chipped, ragged, chewed, marked items
• Baby gear (car seats, strollers, cribs, play yards)
• Anything with missing parts or in disrepair
• Items with possible cutting, choking, or lead hazards
• No clothing will be accepted
• Oversized items may be accepted at our discretion
To learn more about this event, contact Jenny Ammon at City of Keizer, 503-865- 3447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org