Under the general direction of the City Manager, this position directs all activities of the City Recorder Department by determining policy, priorities and use of resources to carry out the goals and objectives of the City Council and is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of all City Recorder functions. Responsibilities include supervision, coaching and mentoring of City Deputy Recorder. The City Recorder also serves as a role model and demonstrates leadership through communication and action within the department, as a member of the Executive Leadership team and as a representative of the City of Keizer.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field;
- Four years’ progressively responsible municipal government administrative experience which includes state laws pertaining to public meetings, municipal records management, election procedures, and municipal court procedures.
- Two years supervisory experience.
- Possession of or ability to obtain within one year Basic Municipal Clerk Certification. Master Municipal Clerk Certification is preferred.
- Pass comprehensive background investigation.
- Bilingual Spanish skills preferred.
Submit a letter of interest and resume along with your completed City of Keizer Employment Application. See Application Instructions attached to the City of Keizer application form for detailed directions on how to apply. Application materials and description of duties are available at www.keizer.org/Current-Openings or at City Hall, 930 Chemawa Road NE, Keizer.
This recruitment closes on Friday, March 31, 2023 at 5:00PM. Incomplete materials will not be eligible for consideration.
Starting pay depends on amount and type of qualified experience.
Hourly Amount: $42.23 – $55.11
Monthly Amount: $7,319.87 – $9,552.40
Annual Amount: $79,622 – $103,854