Police Support Specialist
This position is responsible for complex, clerical, and technical work involving extensive computer entry, retrieval, and distribution of sensitive and confidential information. Duties include front office reception, providing customer service and resources to citizens, employees, and other agencies both in person and by telephone.
- High school Diploma or equivalency, and
- Two years full-time experience in police records or public safety environment
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position.
- Verbal and written fluency in the English language
- Pass a comprehensive background investigation
- Possess or obtain within 90 days of hire and maintain during employment: Law Enforcement Data System (LEDS) certification and Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) clearance
- Required within six months of hire: NIMS IS 100 and 700 certifications.
- Bi-lingual skills desirable.
Submit a letter of interest sharing why you are interested in the Police Support Specialist position as well as why you want to work for the City of Keizer Police Department along with your completed City of Keizer Employment Application. See Application Instructions attached to the City of Keizer application form for detailed directions on how to apply. Application materials and description of duties are available at www.keizer.org/Current-Openings or at City Hall, 930 Chemawa Road NE, Keizer.